Is Your Roof Ready For Winter?
Winter weather is here. Will your roof be able to withstand the elements? Checking up on your roof should be a top priority this winter By insulating and protecting your home, your roof serves as your shelter from cold weather. If a broken tree limb or heavy snow damages the roof, be prepared for a list of problems. To avoid having a list of problems, we have compiled a list of ways you can make sure your roof is ready for winter.
- Inspection: First, as roofing professionals, we suggest a licensed and bonded roofer inspect your roof at least twice a year, once in the spring and then again in the fall when winter is on the way. That way, if they spot any damage or potential damage, you can take care of it before the damage gets worse.
- Check the Trees: It is essential that you prune and remove any branches hanging over your roof before winter. If one of the branches covered in snow falls on your roof, it could dent the roof, damage the shingles, or worse, fall through the roof, leaving you with a giant hole that needs repairing immediately. A tree with leaves, needles, and fruit can drop debris on your house. Since the dirt and leaves collect moisture, it could cause mildew or mold to build up on the roof.
- Clean Up Debris from the Roof: The leaves falling on your house either make their way to your gutters or sit stagnantly. Both scenarios are harmful to your roof. Use a tall tool, or call a professional to remove any debris from the roof. Cleaning the debris protects the roof’s structural integrity and encourages healthy water drainage. You can even prepare for fallen leaves and debris by installing gutter guards or screens.
- Clean the Gutters: Gutters are vital to a home because they protect it from water damage. During a storm, gutters control the water flow to keep it from hitting the house’s foundation. If they are clogged, they can’t do their job properly. Additionally, if your gutters are clogged, the overflow of snow or water could cause damage to the trim or siding of your home. If you notice any holes while you are cleaning the gutters, it might be time to invest in new gutters, but until then, you can patch them up with a bead silicon sealant.
- Examine the Shingles: Once your roof is clean, professionals will be able to see the condition of your shingles. Brian Elder Roofing can check for any tears or cracks. Also, we will ensure you do not have any missing shingles while on the roof. If we notice any missing or can spot any damage, we can quickly assess it and replace the lost or damaged shingles.
Professional Roofers Near Me
At Brian Elder Roofing, we have been repairing and installing residential and commercial roofs for over a decade. We also have maintenance plans available. We understand that this time of year is busy, and you may not have the time or even the energy to inspect your roof before winter. We are happy to do the work for you! We are licensed, bonded, and insured, so you can rest assured that when you hire Brian Elder Roofing, you are hiring a professional team that will get the job done. We proudly serve our city by providing the best roof repair and replacement service. Our goal is to provide a 5-star experience on every job, from maintenance to replacement!
Brian Elder, Brian Elder Roofing, Brian Elder Roofing Memphis, roof care, roof care in the winter, roof care near me, roof company, roof company Memphis, roof company near me, roof replacement, roof replacement near me, roofers, roofers Memphis, roofers near me, Roofing, Roofing Brian Elder, roofing Memphis, roofing near me, roofing service, roofing service Memphis, roofing service near me, winter roof care